Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So far, so good

Having read many posts here prior to my surgery (TILF...I think thats what it's called) I was pretty hesitant. Surgery was about noon on Monday and I was up walking by 4pm. I came home around noon the following day. I have been showering without assistance, doing light housework, walking every day and walked a mile today. The only time pain is a real issue is when I'm switching positions. Laying on my back and sitting up in bed is uncomfortable so I avoid those as much as possible. Much of the numbness and pain in my left leg are gone. The surgeon told me to give it time for the pain and numbness to totally resolve. Issues using the toilet were not problems all. I'm decreasing my pain medications slowly and hope to be off soon. I could not be more pleased with how things are progressing so far  

advertisement

Comments

• Dear colobluskies,

I’m glad for your successful recovery, Not only is it important for you, but it’s important to others having surgery hearing of your recovery.

I myself was on the other side and with the help of members and other spine patients I took that leap of faith for surgery and now I m doing just as well, my plif was on 4/26 and was released on Monday and I haven’t looked back And I can agree with what you said, (changing positions, lying flat sucks).but that’s about it  , not what I was expecting ( expected the worst).

Keep that positive attitude, it helps.At this point the ony thing I have a hard time doing is pulling back on the reigns (Iwant to do everything) great to hear your doing well keep us posted

• Universe 777 so happy for you as well!   Yesterday, 16 days post-op, I did a 3 mile hike on one of my favorite trails. Not much elevation gain but it was terrific to be in the mountains. Numbness is almost gone, strength returning and I can sleep! I could go back to work but I'm going to wait one more week. Afternoon naps are still a great help. I'm so glad I went through with this surgery. The surgeon and his team have been so supportive and encouraging. I only wish I'd done it sooner.

I hope you're continuing to do well!

Lori

• advertisement