Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

L4/L5 & L5/S1 Herniation

Hi Everyone!

39 yr old Male.  I was diagnosed with L4/L5 and L5/S1 herniation about 4 years ago.  Probably from many years of heavy weight training/deadlifting.

As a result, I had sciatica for about a year and tried a bunch of stuff like inversion table, Mackenzie exercises, etc.  Not sure if those were the solutions, but I was then pain free for about 2 years.

A couple months ago I got "twisted" during a weekly game of soccer and knew that something had popped back out of place.  I now have the morning back pain and sciatica again :-(  It's not debilitating per-se, but it does cause pain all day long and prevents me from fully participating in the sports I enjoy.

I'm doing the inversion and stretches again, but looking for the "best" treatments I should be looking into to resolve it quickly.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks.

advertisement

Comments

• I would try the exact same things you did years ago and keep a journal to track progress. If things get better, you have a way of knowing and things worse, see a doctor to get direction. 

I have same issues and doing core work, inversion table,  and McKenzie stuff and seem to be improving.