Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Please help

My 18 year old son  Was diagnosed with a herniated disk L4 and L5 Back in December.  We have tried physical therapy and we also tried 1st injection.  Neither one has worked and he suffers from lake pain almost everyday.  We went back for our follow up appointment and she is recommending one more injection to try. She said she was going to go in from a different  Approach.  He is schedule to have that may 18th 2 weeks later we have a follow up appointment with the surgeon if this does not work and they are recommending a disectomy.    I am a nervous wreck with all of this I don't know what the right answers are and I don't know what to do I just now that he is tired of being in pain and we just want to get this fixed.  He is so young to be going through this.  Does anyone have any recommendations that have this or have going through this.  If the surgery work to fix this then I would be happy I just don't want to have the surgery and then get told that he will need another one or something else

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,062

Hello christine1199
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I agree, please get a second opinion. There is a lot of information on this forum from other members that have had this same problem. A good place to do some reading is in Surgery Buddies. Look in any prior month and you will find discussions by members that were waiting on surgery and then went through recovery. Below is a link to an article that may help you out some.
    Being young with spinal problems 

There is also a thread by EMS Guy, Son following in my shoes. His son is going through the same thing, it might help for you to read.
    Please click on the Welcome link below and the Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement