Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Just overwhelmed

I was injured originally in a car accident and had acdf surgery in April 2017 and felt great after and in October I was able to work again and went to work and  5 months later I was hurt on the job and was taken out of work in March and company is fighting it even though I did everything right , so I do have a lawyer and have my deposition June 4th, so right now I am paying everything for treatment along with my healthcare anyway my surgeon wanted me to have a epidural and faucet injection and they are $500 for me out of pocket expenses and I got the epidural and that just made things worse, and now they want me to have the faucet injection and if it helps even for a few days I am a good candidate for nerve blocker but if it doesn’t help I will need another surgery. I am trying to pay off the first $500 so can’t schedule the faucet until I pay off the first and I am so frustrated. I got reinjured at work by them not following my restrictions from my dr and they are denying any help until the depo and my god I can’t work and still expected to keep paying all this! I’m so sick of the pain and I can’t do anything and it’s hard to stay positive and not get deep into depression. I just needed to get this out and thanks for listening 

advertisement

Comments

• June 4 is a Monday. I’ll be thinking of you that day and wishing you the best.

If you ever work again and are asked to do things which violate your restrictions I would politely decline and state the reason why.

We only get one body and no salary is high enough to risk reinjury (or creating a totally new injury).

Make sure to keep receipts for all your payments. Hopefully you’ll eventually be 100% reimbursed for any treatments provided due to the work injury.

In a previous post you said your lawyer has stated you have sufficient medical evidence so I think, right now, just as Tom Petty once said “The waiting is the hardest part.” 

Unfortunately there’s tons of waiting with W/C. You’ll get there. Stay strong! 

• I’m trying to stay strong it’s just pure frustration. I am just so sick of restrictions and pain and drs and lawyers. I just want to live and do the things I love yard work , gardening all the stuff I’m not allowed to do and it makes it so frustrating 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

shyann30144

I understand your frustration about not being able to do the things you want to and enjoy doing. But right now you cannot afford to injure yourself in any way. I love my yard work and mowing. But now all I can do is sit and watch my husband do all of it. I cannot afford to beak another vertebra or rupture another disc. So frustrating.
    It's easy for me to say but just hang on and wait and follow the restrictions. Give it time but keep pushing your lawyer.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Oh I am trying but I have to pay my neighbor to do my yard work my husband has  severe   Rheumatoid arthritis and takes injections on Friday night and is sick until Tuesday with side affects and struggles just to go to work and just makes it so hard. I just wish I could do some of the work. I do refrain from hurting myself anymore and I will keep pushing my lawyer I just need a break soon. I pray every night for some relief and just hope god is listening to my prayers

• You could ask your lawyer to pursue getting depression allowed in your W/C claim. It sounds like you’re depressed. Wish I could help. 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

I agree with L4_L5, depression and chronic pain go hand in hand.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Ya I am depressed, and as soon as I could get the injections I need I had planned on seeing a therapist cause I know I need help, but I have to pick and choose what to pay for at this moment so that’s another thing I need to wait on and if it wasn’t for this sight and people to talk to I would never be able to make it through the depression so I want to say thank you to everyone one here, cause people who done have spine issues really try to understand but they can’t understand the pain and frustration that we live through on a daily basis, or the needs to just be able to mow the lawn or pick up a grandchild. This website is a true miracle for me. God bless you all

• L4,L5 you do help just by talking with me and I really appreciate it, thank You 

• Happy to listen and help in any way I can.  :)

advertisement