Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

How to keep moving?

Three years ago I got excruciating pain in my lower back after lifting a heavy box. Three years on and it's been fine until yesterday. Suddenly, after a shower, I was in pain again, but this morning on waking up I could not move for intense pain. It took me a long time to slowly, slowly get up. I couldn't sit or stand without a lot of pain. I know my stomach muscles could do with strengthening and it was probably brought on by standing too long at work, or lifting.

What I want to know is how to keep moving during the day? I sit for short periods then wander around but get bored, not knowing what to do. I can't afford a physiotherapist so have been using ice and a tennis ball to massage the lower back. I would love to be able to sit in a comfortable chair and read a book or watch a movie, but after a few minutes I know I have to move around. I know what exercises to do from previous physiotherapy visits three years ago but I really don't want to get on the ground for fear of not being able to get up. Should I take it easy this first day of intense pain and just wander round occasionally? It's so tedious and frustrating. And I really fear going to bed tonight to wake up with that pain again.

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Jker

Welcome to Spine-Health

Having to keep moving to keep limber has always been a struggle for me as well.

I sit for a few and boom! I cool down and it takes forever to get up.I alternate movement periods all nite as I go to keep from getting stuck.

Hang in there and surely other members who suffer this also can answer better.

Please use the link below to access more info about and inside Spine-Health.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health