Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SImmetry fusion surgery

My dr is suggesting SImmetry fusion of my si joints. My question is can they do both at the same time or am I going to have to have 2 surgeries? I can't believe it took 18 years for a dr to actually believe me that its my si joints. I've seen so many that do and mri and say there's nothing wrong with my back but yet standing more than 20 mins and I'm hitting like crazy.

advertisement

Comments

• My suggestion - do not have both done at the same time! You need to use a walker for about a month after the surgery with "toe taps" and no weight bearing. It would be very difficult to have both done simultaneously. Plus, it's very difficult to get out of bed even with just one side fused. Are you using iFuse? It's minimally invasive but the recovery (for me) has been very difficult. I'm 11 months out and still in a lot of pain from it (I'm 53). In 23 years, countless X-rays, MRIs, CT scans have not shown the SI joint syndrome as a reason for my pain. Took me a while to realize negatives on these tests are good things because no one was believing me about how bad the pain was. Finally, like you, found a great doctor. Take care of yourself!

RJ