Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Hello friends! You don’t walk alone.

Hi. I’m here because I’ve spent years reading on this forum and thank God my situation wasn’t as bad as “yours”. Well, I’m there my friends. I don’t know how I got here but I do know I don’t want to be. 

I’m a 39 yo single mom with diagnosed fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, ddd, adjacent level syndrome and arthritis. 

Since 2014 I have had 4 spine surgeries.  C4-6, then C6-7, then L4-5 and lastly C3-4.  C3-4 was done in Feb. 2018  and I am  still in excruciating pain.  The arm pain went away but has come back and is now in both arms and all ten fingers are burning and lack some sensation.  At this point I think I will be refusing anymore surgeries.  My surgeon and his staff rock!  It’s me not him!

He’s already told me that C8-T1 looks bad but there’s not much they can do and I can count on my lumbar blowing another level within a year or two.  I have the films to prove it  

Here is my main issue: pain.  I have a $50 heartng pad plus a regular one, I’m waiting for approval for insurance to cover a TENS unit, I can’t stand or walk for more than 15-30mins,  and I can’t sit without my head supported longer than 1hr  so I’m in a recliner or bed.  Now I can’t get refills on my meds.  My pcp, pm, and ns won’t or can’t refill.  What do I do?  I’m a step from losing  my mind and going bankrupt.  Oh, the epidural injection lasted 30mins and the muscular injections made me worse.  

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372

hello brokenspirit
    welcome to spine-health

i am so sorry you had to join us, but we are glad you are here. of course my first question is why you cannot get refills? and, if i understand correctly, you are in pain management? i know i have a lot of questions but sometimes that's what it takes. are the doctors giving you any kind of options to get your pain under control? 

while you are waiting on other members to reply, please click on the welcome link below and the tutorial for more information to get you started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History