Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A simple pleasure

I've taken up recording my favorite artists

Its not an expensive hobby to record onto an SD card..one,recording WAV files which are vs quality

But..man..does each song eat up space...150 or so songs on a 32 gig card vs around 7000 on a lesser format.

Right now listening to Towns Van Zandt...singer..traveler.troubadour..tragic

Mark Knophler...David Gilmore..Snowy White..James Taylor and others

Life can be full of the small pleasures that can ease our way...a sweet grape, a tart apple.applejack cereal

Summer sausage,cheddar and a saltine cracker chased by a Pop...

The sound of loved ones in the other room

Puppies

Kitty's purring in the,sun

Laughter

Our life is more than holes to fill...more than the sum of all our pains

Choose to be happy as you can each day

William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• Glad you are happy buddy.

Mp3 format is better surely?

• Love the lossless format,been weighing that though.

I record a band or two outside of work and like the low noise floor. It sounds better when I inject the music into the video stream for my other hobby of making small private music videos of storms.

That's another sqeee!!!moment..when a big storm rolls over and I long expose for lightning!

Its harder to work every week with pain..but money is handy.

Lol..dream job is winning lotto and driving round the world shooting photos!

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 237
    edited 05/21/2018 - 6:45 PM

@William Garza Google “FLAC versus WAV.”

FLAC is the same exact (lossless) quality as WAV but MUCH smaller file size. 

• I have been reading up on that a little

My recorder can do wav 24\96 or mp3 up to 320.

experimenting tonite with lower sampling rates.its the music though..as the artist intended..its kind of like when one shooting a particularly exquisite sunset at the beach...ill switch over to RAW files instead of jpeg to ensure absolute fidelity to the image in my head\camera and post processing if needed to get the right feeling.

Most likely ill just dial down until a happy medium is heard

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement