Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

When the doctor sends you on your way

So after nearly 8 months and 2 esi I am working towards lowering my Gabapentin to get off of it. The doctor tells me today to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully in 6-12 months I'll be back to normal and I don' need to come in anymore. So for me it's good that I don' need to waste the money on the doctor but I'm also aggravated because I'm not back to normal.... anyone else had a simmilar experience?  

advertisement

Comments

• It seems that this is a life long treatment. You do well for some time then problems for months. I am beginning to think that nerve pain treatment is really in the beginning stages of research. Stick with it. At least you will feel like you are trying. That helps me. The constant appointments are a pain and the copays add up. Like after surgery they say if you have any problems just go to ER. That is agrivating, feels like they could care less about you dropping additional money. ER bills are not cheap. 

• @jefferyma: And it's not like they can do much for you in the ER, either! A few weeks ago, my pain got so bad I couldn't sleep and couldn't eat for days. I called a doctor and my insurance company's Dial-a-Nurse hotline, and they both recommended I go to the ER. So I went, only to be charged $150, given a prescription for over-the-counter painkillers, and sent on my way. I was furious! I was like, why are medical professionals recommending I go in if there's nothing they can do for me anyway? At least let me save the $150 and the afternoon spent filling out forms!

• advertisement