Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

3 weeks today since my Microdiscectomy.

It's officially 3 weeks today since my Microdiscectomy. I'm REALLY READY for the pain to go away! I don't know if I'm just really impatient or if this was a mistake (the surgery) or what. Still in a lot of pain. The nerve pain from the herniated disc is still there and not much improved, even though the problematic part was removed. SUPER frustrated. Grrrrr. 

My herniation was at L5-S1, and the wound has at least healed pretty well. But I'm still taking pain meds and muscle relaxers, and Gabapentin, and even with those I am miserable and stiff and depressed. If I take the night dose of the medications at an early time, I wake up miserable in the middle of the night for more meds and ice. If I take the dose later, I'm wide awake until 3am and uncomfortable. 

Those of you who have had this procedure, how long was it before you were feeling better? I was really hoping for some "MAGIC" where the nerve pain down my right leg would be gone right after surgery (really started having issues in my hamstring, calf, foot/toes in March of this year, so was hoping the nerve wasn't too far gone in that short a time). 

advertisement