Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

XLIFT Surgery & Foot Drop

I have sudden foot drop on my left foot. I am also a diabetic. After an x-ray, MRI and nerve conduction study I was informed I needed surgery. 

He wants to do XLIFT  but he cannot guarantee me that my foot drop will go way, improve, or be worse. That’s pretty risky to me. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

hello cottontail
    welcome to spine-health

any surgery is risky, there are never any guarantees. have you asked this surgeon his history with xlifs, such as how many has he has done and why. because the approach goes through anatomy , there is minimal recovery, very little blood loss and quick recovery with the xlif surgery.

please click on the welcome link below as well as the tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

please tell us more abut yourself, how did this start, when?
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History