Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Has anyone had a Coflex procedure for spondylolisthesis?

I recently saw a neurosurgeon who has recommended a Coflex procedure. This involves placing interspinous spacers between the affected discs to decompress and stabilize.  I have read so much negative information about a fusion procedure that I decided I didn't want that.  This Coflex procedure is an outpatient surgery and is described as effective and easier to recover from than a fusion.  I feel very positive about having this less invasive procedure.  I have been searching for five years for something that can give me some relief from those dreadful backaches when I stand for a long time.  I also have stenosis with an impinged nerve root at the L5 joint.  This doctor can go in and fix that at the same time, also, by removing some of the bone that is compressing that nerve.  It is my understanding that Medicare now covers this procedure.  Any comments? 

advertisement