Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Numbness, Weakness, and Lost function in toes - Lions Mane and nootropics?

I'm too scared to look at my MRI and Xray results. I don't want to have the surgery. Seeing the Surgeon again next week.

I can't bend my big toes up on both my feet.

I can't curl my toes on my left foot t all. So I can't do the calf raise on my left leg, and my ankle is pretty weak too. 

And I'm in so much pain when the anti-inflammatory wears of. 

Self medicating with Diclofenac and anabolics. Because no insurance, and I grew up in an immigrant community, so survivalism habits die hard.

It's been two months. I don't know what to do other than more acupuncture. I did 10 sessions of HBOT, but that was like $1000. I do feel better though.

Also considering doing a Platelet Rich Plasma epidural. But have to find an experienced doctor here in LA to do it. 

Open to suggestions.

Taking Lions Mane and experimental nootropics the last two has eliminated all the tingling! 

I pray that if I keep my current protocol the nerves may heal.

But the Orthopedic Surgeon hinted that I may have complete severs, as he mentioned that I may never be able to do a calf raise on my left foot again, even after surgery.  

The very tips of my toes on the left foot, there is no "numbness" per se, because its like they are not even there. I mean I can feel pain if I pinch the skin, but internally, it feels dead. 

Really desperate here, to find another mad scientist like myself, who may have had some luck with stimulting NGF and BDNF and regaining function.

advertisement