Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

posture at work

I've been fighting bad posture with shoulder & neck pain the past 2 years. 

Has anyone used any products that have helped them fight the slouch at work?

advertisement

Comments

• My posture has gotten so bad post diagnosis - ive been looking at some of the gimmicks too 

• i was prescribed a standing desk and to take short walks every hour--as well as sit down for half the time as much as possible

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771

The work station environment has been discussed many times here.

The one major thing everyone should do is to get up about every 50 minutes, walk and stretch for about 10 minutes.  Hedays, you will find this will make a major improvement in the day.

The standing desk, those that can be a normal desk or raised up is a big plus to people working on computers all day.  The majority of the developers at Veritas-Health have these types of desks.   When I visited their center, I saw just how much they can help.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Invest in the Varidesk. Adjustable work station. I stand 6 hours a day and sit 2 days a day. Keeps my back in a good position

• I try 4 and 4...sometimes  6 and 2

• advertisement
advertisement