Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Do I have a chance at SSDI?

Comments

• JerseyMike, I just wanted to let you know I had to X out the name of your attorneys. I know you were trying to be helpful, but as you know, If we allow one, then we have to allow all. Your advice was great!.....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• Lenny2, I apologize to you as well for having to X out the law group you are using. We are not allowed to endorse attorneys, companies etc..etc... We all hope everything works out for you! Please keep us posted......David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  •  Jersey is correct make sure to hire one that specializes in it.

I applied on my own at first and also reapplied when I got the first denial. Onething I think is hard on alot of people and they give up on the first or 2nd denial is the fact SSDI is something you apply for once you cant work ...but being out on disability payments or sick leave doesnt disqualify you and you can recieve those checks and still apply.

My husband was out on sick leave and recieving his regular pay checks and applied. Of course his was approved right away. But he still got his back SSDI payments even though he was still being paid. Also know once awarded it then they deduct 6 month off so if your approved going back 2 years prior when your awarded SSDI you will get one and a half years of back SSDI not 2 years. Plus this is also when the lawyers take their fees too.

Most apply themselves the first time then SSDI tells you to reapplied for a second look. Alot again get denied..alot of lawyers want you to wait till your atleast denied 1x before coming to them.

Medical history is important I was in non stop active treatment still am..SS will ask you for a listing of ALL doctors seen as well as medical testing and they will get all your records so no need gathering them up or putting money out to have copies made.

And from time to time you might have a review..now so far I havent had one..but remember my friends son age 20 when he got it for panic attacks..well they've pulled multiple ones on him so far..matter of fact hes having yet another one..they've done it too him almost every 2 years so far.

Also N2braves was correct work credits do expire so please dont sit back too long ..it would be ashame to find out your a quarter short when your too ill to work.

They have many other little funny rules that why I recommend getting a appointment with your local office to go over your credit history and option before you apply. You can have both a retirement and SSDI but one might play off the other. Like David I too get a retirement payments but I also get SSDI. But sometimes one does play against the other by maybe getting a lesser retirement verses SSDI and vice versa. Again a good thing to ask your local office.

I could go on and on lol

Teresa

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 377

Teresa, any activity on your SSDI claim?

• Jerome

I'm already on SSDI.. I'm working on trying to settle my workers comp..my lawyers working on the set aside and the back and forth with the insurance company..then it has to go threw Medicare for approval which could take awhile so in the meantime they have filed 2 issues with the workers comp..one for treatment so I can get the help I need and the other is about a large mileage check they've been playing cat and mouse with for over a year..also filing issue will help up the value on the set aside cause it shows I'm seeking surgical treatment. I will admit I'm getting pretty sick of limbo land. Just cant wait to get wc out of my life and care. I'd love to just go to a doctor sit down and talk about all my spinal problems at once..not this a appointment for your cervical which is wc...then another appointment for the rest..I feel like when its broken up like that it get confusing..I have to do that with my PM too..I see one doctor for my neck wc issues..then the other PM for all the rest.. not to forget mentioning what it's doing to me physically either..I was told in January I need more surgery but like I said limbo land isnt a nice place to be..

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 377

Well, that shows you how clearly I can (not) think - difference between SSDI and WC!!!

advertisement