Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Got my MM card today confused more then ever.

advertisement

Comments

• There are countless benefits to MJ besides what we did eons ago smoking out brains out. It can battle pain, cancer, depression, seizures. It has great possibilities. I'm fortunate to be in a state where it is permitted for medical usage.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • Best way to remember is that Sativa is for day time use and Indica is night. Big problem is with all the new genotypes of pot, you don't really know if it will have an energizing effect or a relaxing one. Really getting hard to find pure sativa or indica anymore, the majority are hybrids and can have a totally different effect on you every time you use it.

• advertisement
  • Yes Jersey I see that. Alot are hybrids on my list of what's available. So it will be a try and see thing. I'm hoping in time to get the right day and night ones that will help me. I'm also going to save my receipts just in case its covered at one point by worker comp. My pain medications are covered under worker comp and so far they want nothing to do with paying for it. Maybe in time they will they are trying to change that.

Now they will cover acupuncture which I feel is on the same order as this. It's all alternative treatment. 

• If you have a  workmans comp case, you need to get a lawyer. In NY the fee comes out of your settlement and it is very low. But it insures that you get paid on a regular basis and you are covered for any prescriptions. The lawyer I had with my cases did a lot for me. Worth a look. 

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • Ltee, I have a lawyer..my case has been going on since 2002.  Maryland workers comp does not cover MM. They are working to change that though so all cost are strictly out of pocket. That's the reason I'm saving my receipts in case it's ever approved and I can get reimbursed 

• advertisement
  • Hi I started CBD; about a month ago for my arachnoiditis and it works amazingly well for the terrible burning, stinging, grabbing pain in my pelvis when tramadol doesn't touch it.  My pain doc is all for it and its legal otc in my state.  when I take it I lay off the tramadol, I was on 50mg 4x day.  the cbd from commercial hemp is by law less than .1%  it doesn't show any thc on a pee test. The doc says he will stop the tramadol if I test pos for thc and is referring me to a clinical study. I guess Ill be a lab rat for awhile

• I have been starting to use the CBD oil sold at the MM dispensary. I believe its stronger then the otc. It is some of the nastiest stuff I ever tasted. But it does calm the nerve pain in my hip and leg alittle but I'm still adjusting how much to take it's based on your weight. Right now I have to take 1ml or a eye dropper full.

But unfortunately it does nothing for my base of skull neck and upper shoulder pain. I did find a daytime that seems less mind numbing it's called Jet fuel.  Now I wanted to try acdc but the person at the dispensary said it would be a waste of my money. Something about the thc verse CBD ratios and that it was too low in thc. They told me it must be at least a 50/50 or better of thc to get the full pain benefit. 

Any others on MM heard this ?

• ACDC, Jet fuel--oh my goodness.  I am thinking about jumping on a plane and heading down to Louisiana.  Deep into the Bayou.  A place where normal people never go.  When I get there I am going to look for a Voodoo doctor.  I am going to get a doll made of me and am going to stick pins into it for my pain control. 

Medical drs turning us over to MMJ.  Never thought I would see the day.  lol.  Now here's a thought!! !!    Lets use prescription medication engineered to control our pain!!!  We used to do this and it worked well.   

I am sorry for the levity of my post.  No offense intended. 

• Lol..dmo but it's so true. The names of the blends do make you laugh..you know they had to be stoned when they thought them up. Another new one I have is..velvet sunrise. With that one..Invision yourself across a velvety sandy beach at sunrise. "Happy Thoughts"

Your right about that I am feeling like a voodoo doll or Guinea pig 

advertisement