Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How to Save messages before the 30 Day limit on Auto Delete

There a number of ways you can save some of the messages you want so that they do NOT get deleted with the 30 day limit.   This depends on the level of computer knowledge of the member and if they are using a PC or IoS / Android type device.

1:  COPY/PASTE on a PC

The cleanest and simplest way is the old Fashion COPY/PASTE function.   I do this quite often.   I am a PC mainly user, so I have set up a directory on my PC called Private Messages   Under that, I have sub-directories for the various members that I message with.   So, when I want to save a message, I COPY  the entire message, including photo and date and the PASTE it on the PC side in a previous set up file (for example   dilauro messages)  Then anytime I want to save another message, I do the same thing.  On the PC side, I use WORD to store all the messages.  This was each new PASTE essentially appends to the previous one.   Now keep in mind, unless you do this every day on specific message threads, the file on the PC may not be a sequential reading set of messages.

You really dont need to set up sub-directories, one file on your PC can do this and you just keep PASTING to the bottom of it.

2:  COPY/PASTE on a mobile device

I was and still not very good using the COPY/PASTE function on a mobile device.  Seem to never get the entire piece I want to copy.  But lets say you can do that,   Then you can follow up with a PASTE to your mobile device NOTES or if you have WORD or something similar on your mobile device.   

3. CREATE a new message in the existing thread

So that message thread would not be 30 days old without an update.

There are some other methods, but I wanted to give everyone the ones that are the easiest to do and are the most efficient.   

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks great info. and I do know how to save to my laptop. I thought you had posted a message stating that you were going to delete the private messages by a certain date but I could be wrong.
    Thanks Sherri