Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

decreased sensation after surgery

I had L5-S1 microdiskectomy last February, after 2 months of excruciating pain. The pain was immediately gone after this surgery. The decreased sensation on the lateral aspect of  the left leg, under the toes and on the left glutteus, and towards the private area but not inside the privates however, has stayed. Am I ever going to regain this sensation? I am fully functional, and have no other issues, but the feeling of numbness is annoying. thank you

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Tatiana - I'm just coming across your post after posting my own update here. I have had two L5-S1 microdiscectomy surgeries, the first in 2010 and another in 2017. Also had immediate pain relief but am left with numbess/loss of sensation in the backs of my thighs, bottom of buttocks and most horribly - my entire private area. If you are suffering from the same, I would love to chat. It's so frustrating! Thank you - all the best in your recovery. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

This is something you Definitely should discuss with your doctor.

Nerve pain takes time to heal, but the timeframe both of you are talking about is pretty long.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

sarah78

I looked back to your original discussions about this exact subject from 2010 and 2011.   Have you not had any improvement since then?  You were talking about legs, butt and private parts back then being numb.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences