Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4-L5 Bulging Disc with foot drop, sciatica and stenosis, need some help waiting for 2nd opinion

Hi everybody.....I'm a newbie here on the forum but not to back pain.... for the last 8 months, I've had the pleasure of acute back/hip/thigh/calf/foot pain....was limping for a while, then had two epidural nerve blocks in the past 6 months.  I have tried PT (exercises didn't really help) and specific massage. I have taken Gaba and Percocet and Advil.  Now....I have a second opinion in August to speak about microdisectomy. I'm just tired of being in pain. I know I need to put off surgery as long as possible....try all the alternatives...but for some reason I don't think anything is working, and I'm hoping surgery does. So in the meantime, what can I do to alleviate the pain?  Walking? Swimming?  I'm turning into a mushy potato because I'm afraid of exercising and injuring myself further.  Thanks for your advice.

advertisement

Comments

• also......i've had an MRI.  it showed L4-L5 bulging disc with severe foraminal narrowing and stenosis. the L5 was bulging too but not as significant.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,397

hello cooperfluff!
    welcome to spine-health

getting a second opinion was the best thing to do. you need to prepare yourself for this appointment by keeping notes of questions you want to ask him. below is a good list to get you started.
    40 questions to ask your surgeon
    you could also go to surgery buddies, any prior month, and read what other member's have done. swimming is one of the best exercises you can do. if that is available for you, then yes, swim all you want!

please click on the welcome link below and the tutorial for more information about the forum.
    welcome to spine health

take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement