Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pharmacies can be your best friend and save you many times

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771

I've been using the same big name chain pharmacy for over 10 years now.  I have an excellent relationship with the two head pharmacist as well as the technical staff working there.

I normally have a prescription for Baclofen 10mg  for 90 days.  I take 2 a day, so 60 a month for a total prescription count of 180.   We keep weekly track of ALL of my medications, both with a spreadsheet and using one of those daily pill dispensers.   We noticed last week, that my Baclofen was low, so, I contacted my doctor who submitted the refill the following day.  My pharmacist called me saying that they have the script, but its on hold until 7/13 (per Insurance instructions)   I thought that was odd, since I only had 7 pills remaining.  I contacted my Insurance company to discuss this.  While they were nice, they said there is nothing they can do about it.  I could request an emergency waiver to change that 7/13 date to closer in.

But, something was not right. I knew there should have been more pills and I knew I had not taken any more, nor did any of them magically disappear.   I went down to the pharmacy and explained my situation.  I told them, I doubt if there was anything they could do, since I had picked up that script back on 04/29.   The technician, said just give her some time.  She went into their records and inventory.  About an hour later, she called me and asked me how many pills did I believe I was short?    I told her about 60.   She said, her records indicated that they were 67 pills of Baclofen over.   She then filled a script for 60 pills, no charge and gave it to me.   It didnt change the cycle date or anything.   She apologized that this happened to me.   I was so happy, and said please no apology, in fact I just told her she was more than an angel for helping me out in the situation.

Trust and Confidence goes so very far.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• Max_LeeMax_Lee New York, United StatesPosts: 387

True, very true! Glad that was resolved so well and with professionalism. 

This is a recommendation from my cousin T  who is certified as a pharmacist in a few states and has a PharmD:

I would try to only get OTC meds from the same pharmacy as you get prescriptions whenever possible and  to check with pharmacists as well to avoid interactions with the ones that are prescribed - as they have the record of what you are taking already and can offer good advice on what to choose for active ingredients.

I find it a good rule of thumb for almost anyone, as it can also help you to get to an informed decision on what would be the best for your case and advice would be coming from a professional who knows about your needs. 

Kieran 
     "The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the
    brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do
    not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.''-Anonymous

My Story: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/90688/pain/neck-pain-cervical/help#latest