Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic Pain

Hello.  Ive posted here before, but long story short i have chronic pain post two L5/S1 herniations. Fixed with microdiscectomy each time.   I have good days and really bad days.  Sometimes i wake up and can barely walk due to left leg weakness and pain.  Ive seen my neurosurgeon and pain management doc.  MRI is clean so they aren’t sure what the problem is.  Ive has my SI joint checked and had my facet joints for L3-S1 ablated.  The pain is still there. Reading these posts and knowing im not alone helps.  Ive tried to do strength exercises but the next day im in terrible pain. So now my exercise is limited and my activities are also limited.  Neurosurgeon gave me two options. One is to have a spinal stimulator placed and the other is a fusion.   The stimulator sound experimental and I really dont want a fusion if the disc isn’t ruptured. And its not guaranteed to help with the pain. The pain medicine doc keeps pushing medications but they don’t work.  Well Lyrica did, but i got so depressed i had to quit.  My low back hurts at the base of my (L) spine through my hip and down my leg into my foot. It isn’t constant all the time except at my low back and hip. Im at a loss for what to do.  Ive been taking aspirin and ibuprofen because I don’t like how norco mskes me feel.  But that’s hurting my stomach and so I’m left with nothing but pain. Any one have an idea of something else to try?  I read one post where someone suggested a CT vs MRI and another post where it took 17 years for a proper diagnosis and now they have nerve damage.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you

advertisement