Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chiropractor and Atrophy Problems.

RoryBennettRRoryBennett Posts: 10
edited 06/30/2018 - 10:22 AM in Lower Back Pain

I am a 27 year old male. I went to Chioprater 3 months ago to try to fix some numbness  in feet.  Months went by I keep reinjurying myself. And its now at the point where i can't even walk around with out hurting myself. I have been laying in bed for weeks. I try to get up every hour walk around for as long as i can. But it then sends me into servere muscle spasms. I then lay in bed for  days. Untill i gain Strength to start getting up and try walking again. I have had mri down within last month. No findings of any slipped disks. I am aware i have a strained back due to chiropractor visit. But I belive to also have a slipped disk. Its painful in my lower back spine. Thats where i have muscle spasms. I have spine doc visit coming up. Are there such things as Lower Back rehabs? I am not getting better, I am lost and in pain. I want to ask for Massage therpy. And to start going to pool. To strengthen my muscles. My back is really really bad. All i want is to get on with my life. But all i do is lay in bed all day. I am aware of the problems with this. I just can't get out of bed because when i do I hurt myself. Please any help would be thankful. Do i need rehab? I called physical therapy and they told me if I can't even come in to do streachs or even walk then they don't recommend me starting. I went outside yesterday 1st time in a week. I had been getting up every hour and walking for atleast 5 to 10 mins for the last few days. So when i was outside i sat in chair. Got up, walked around for 5 mins, sat back down. I would say for 4 hours i did this. I woke up this morn. And whole body is sore. No muscle spasms though. Should i keep moving? Lay in bed to rest today? So frustrated. Also i feel i have a herinated disk. But mri showed nothing. I have read many forums about this. What to do? I have had a slipped disk before. I had servere pain running down legs. I worked a whole year to fix it. Pain went away. I am so scared i am gonna push it to the point where i get that pain yet again. All i have now is weakness in legs and numbness in feet. So! My main questions are! Are there rehabs? If mri did not show slipped disk then why all this pain running down lower part of spine/muscles? I know I am dealing with atrophy. How to overcome this? Thank You for reading. Hope to hear some feedback for my soul. 

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, really sorry to hear about your problems. My prayers go out to you. Thank you for feedback I really appreciate it. I had a herinated disk from a work related injury. I am worried I have permanent soft tissue damage. Plus a flare up with my previous disk. I know i have to stay active. Been out of bed all day. I am just going to try to keep moving as much as possible. Taking baby steps. Thank you once again!

• advertisement