Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Complicated spine situation. What to expect

47 year old female and have had back problems for about 15 or more years. Recently it has gotten worse. MRI results are terrifying

Acute burst fracture L1

desecration of disc L1 thru L5

30% height loss (ct was 20%)

Moderate stenosis

Annular fissure

I can't get in to the ortho Dr for 2 more weeks and this has been hurting for 2 months. I would like to know what to expect? Any input would be greatly appreciated

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,921
    Tina,no one can provide you with any type of advice regarding diagnostic tests. But overall, there is nothing in what you identified that would be complicated. Its more aligned with so many other members situations.

But what we do need, please read and respond to New Member Guidelines and Checklist
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 583
    TinaCheek - I'm sorry to hear of your terrifying diagnostic reports.  The waiting is very frustrating.  If you are having significant pain, I hope you are finding ways to manage it.  I hope you can find some techniques that work for you to get through the waiting.  For me, it was pacing myself.  I found myself counting the weeks and months. 

I had to wait five months before my initial diagnostic results before I could get an office with my neurosurgeon.  My pain management doctor at the time told me that he was the only qualified doctor in my region of the country to perform my required surgery.

Every case is different, so it is impossible to forecast what to expect.  If your surgeon determines that surgery is a viable solution, s/he could require additional diagnostic tests.  I have found it valuable to go to the office visit with a lot of questions.  If possible, take a trusted friend or family member to office visits.

Please keep us informed.  There are many here who have been through similar experiences.    

• advertisement