Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Severe canal and right lateral stenosis

Hello everyone,

I am 28, male, on 2 June, 2018 I was diagnosed with canal stenosis with canal diameter of only 5.8 mm. Because of L5-S1 disc protusion. Also L4-5 disc bulge with canal diameter 10 mm.

Since then I had been doing McKenzie back extension exercises. My condition had improved. But still I have shooting tingling in my right leg every now and then. Earlier I was having extreme burning pain in my lower back on the right side but now it is reduced a lot. I am on minimal activity and spending all my time in my house. But if I had to go somewhere my burning pain increases.

I never went to any doctor, it had been 5 weeks since I am doing McKenzie extension exercises and every day I am better than yesterday or the same if not worse or slightly worse if I go outside. 

I cannot spend my life like this on zero activity. I want to know if I can recover like this in six months or even in a year. I read online that herniated discs heal itself within six months to a year or even more depending on how severe it is.

With God's grace every day I  am improving. I have also read that with back pain patience is the key. I really don't know what to do. 

There's a reason I don't go to any doctor because they are there only to make money in India. I was misdiagnosed multiple times by a doctor and I ended up like this. The first time I went to him I told him I have sciatica but he blind sided me saying your pain is not in your hamstring so it's not sciatica. I told him earlier I had pain through out form lower back down to my calf but he ignored. He told I have SI joint dislocation, that I have t11-12 compression, that there is some muscle damaged. So i have lost trust. 

I dont know where to go, what to do. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,776

If you are going to do this on your own then you are the brave one!!
    I too have read about disc healing themselves but it will depend on you. Swimming is one of the best exercises you an do for your back. If that is available to you, try it also. Watch your bending, lifting and twisting (BLT).

Patience and a positive attitude, like you said!! Good luck!
    Take car and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History