Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Is my pain from degenerative disc disease

i have been battling with this for over 14 years and tried almost everything. My lower back muscles are always tense and tend to go into extremely painful spasms several times a year. When this happens I walk crucked if I can walk at all until the pain reduces. I have pain mostly on my left side but changes at will and can radiate down either leg. I have finally been diagnosed with degenerative disc desease. Are these common Simptoms as I’m trying to figure out this is the route of my pain. What simptoms do you have?

advertisement

Comments

• You can use the google search above, put in DDD, and read the symptoms.

• I have read the simptoms but I was looking for Personal feedback. Thanks for the reply

• advertisement
  • Was the DX of degenerative disc disease threw having xray or MRIs?. Sounds like but I am not a doctor  there is some nerve impingement going on if your having leg pains too. If you havent had a MRI I'd suggest you go back to your doctor and request one. MRIs will give more detail then a plain xray

• I was experiencing the same pains, went in had mri, diagnosed with severe degenerative disk disease with several nerve infringements now have had c3-c7 cervical postierier fusion awaiting lumbar fusion.  If pain is that bad you jsut need to get your answers from the doc and try to cut off any more damage.  You wouldn’t want to be paralyzed.  Waiting is not your friend.   Good luck to you. 

• I had an mri in 2013 but the doctors at that time told me to live with it. My condition worsened since then and had an mri this year that showed no significant change but my condition is definitely not Improving . This time the surgeon has suggested a possible double disc replacement surgery. I’m going for a discogram on Wednesday to see if this is the cause of my pain. My big concern is that this is the first time anyone has pointed at the disc as the cause of my pain. The diagnosis have always been acute back strain. I’ve had nerve blocks, Physio   ,chiropractors , prolotherapy etc. Just never improved. Unsure why all the other doctors just want to pin it on muscle strain. 

• advertisement
  • I'm glad to see you found a doctor that willing to go one step farther to get to the bottom of your pain issues. Seem you have about tried everything.  Keep us posted how things turn out 

advertisement