Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Tightening sensation in the middle back below shoulder blades when inhaling?

The deeper I inhale the tighter it feels.. And when I arch my back and stick my chest out it creates a sharp feeling? It feels deeper than surface level, like it's around my spinal column. Like someone is tightening a thin wire around my spine as I breathe. It's sharp, but not painful. I keep having these episodes where if I bend over or move funny it goes into what I think might be a state of constant tension / spasm.. It's not painful at all but it will create this sensation in my upper abdomen and my chest. I have to sit there and not move, taking shallow breaths until it passes. It makes me very anxious and on edge while it is happening as obviously sensations in my upper belly and chest make me wonder if it is actually my back. But when I lean forward and look down creating maximum stretch I get this horrible pull in the area I've described.. And when I'm leaning on the area in a chair, or lying on my back in bed, there's an uncomfortable burning sensation from the area.

Does anyone have any ideas or insights? I really need advice. I went to see my GP at the beginning of June.. Told her what I've just written here. She touched the area and because it's not painful to touch she probably didn't believe me, or understand how much it bothers me. Referred me to a physiotherapist that I had to wait 3 weeks for. The only information I left my physio appointment with was my posture needs work, and to keep my shoulders back and head up. Now it's another 3 weeks until my next appointment and I have no answers and feel no better. Any help would be appreciated!

advertisement

Comments

• Sorry really no one here can give you answer or dx you. All of us have spinal issue. We can make suggestions like you really do need a MRI or farther testing to determine your pain source..I've brought up posture on a couple of my posts here. Only reason why is because so many of us have poor posture me included . Just hunching over a computer or cell phone puts alot of stress on your shoulders and upper back.

But again you really do need more detailed testing . I know how frustrating it is trying to deal with pain.

• No problem. :)

I'm aware most on here are people who also have ailments.. I just posted in the event that someone might have some insightful knowledge or experience! You never know. I'll be sure to get further tests done though.

• advertisement
  • Bluesky..hope you didnt think my post was too harsh..it wasnt..I'm sure others will chime in. The biggest thing is the great support here  :)