Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Partial refill on one of my meds

I sent my husband to the pharmacy to pick up my script for Hydroxyzine that I have used for sleep for at least 15 years.

When I opened the bag, I realized it was a partial script for 10 instead of 60.

Since it was Friday I figured they had ordered more and would be in today.

Called them this afternoon and they told me it was on backorder til the 30th.

Told them I did not have enough to get by so they offered to fill the rest with 100's instead of 50's and sp!it them for me.

Told them that would be fine.

Even though this is not a med i can't live without, what if it were?

When are my husband's heart meds going to be on backorder?

I am really starting to worry.

We have both been on meds for years and never seen a backorder.

The pharmacist also admitted that even though it gives a specific date to be back in stock that you can't trust it.

Is anyone else seeing this happen?

Cindy

advertisement

Comments

• In short...yes.  There are more and more medications that are identified as a "Nationwide Shortage" medications.  You'll hear all kinds of reasons why, but in the mix is money.  Some companies won't produce certain meds anymore because the profit margin is weak or non-existent.  Manufacturing took a big hit when hurricanes hit the Caribbean last summer.  Luckily, just about every disease or health concern has more than one specific medication to treat it.    I hear some of the conditions that are being discovered and wonder who in the world would have thought "that" would be a problem. 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Now that you mention it i remember it being mentioned here before.

Just never had it happen to hubby or myself.

Wow!  What a mess the hurricanes have caused.

And when you add that to that incredible screwup our government has made concerning our narcotic painkillers, you have a.......what word am I looking for??  

a word i can't post here!

Anyway thanks Keith for that info☺ 

Cindy

• advertisement