Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

neck and shoulder pain

Hello everyone.  It's been a long time since I have been on here.  Hope someone can help.   March 2015 I had neck surgery. Posterior laminectomy and fusion with hardware (C3-C7).  I have a 7-8 inch scar from the base of my skull to right at the top of my upper back.  I have had left shoulder pain and the left side of neck to feel swollen from day one.  My shoulder pain is slowly getting worse. It hurts just to touch it.   The pain in the base of my skull is getting hard to handle.  My husband thinks the left rod is irritating the muscles on the left side. On the x rays the left rod is longer than the right.  The Dr. that did my surgery up and left without telling anyone. Should I get another Dr to look at me?  I haven't been able to work since I had surgery and because of that I lost my job.   I can't afford to go to see anyone but then again I don't like this pain.   Any advice would be helpful.   Thanks in advance.....



  • Hi Red

    First I'm so sorry your going threw this. To answer your question of should you see a doctor..Yes! I'm not a doctor but there are a number of things that could be going on. I too had a posterior mine was c4-7 and I too am having problems again similar to yours . Does your husband have insurance you can be put on ? Do you have a primary doctor that could give you a name of of spine specialist or neurosurgeon? Self pay though could be expensive.  Are there any other doctors in the original practice that might see you at least to get dx ? Based on income could you get Medicaid ? I'm sorry I cant give you any real answers more question to your questions. You could also call your local health dept. I had to do that when looking for a primary care doctor for my son..the waits otherwise were 6 to 9 months..they got him in right away to one and that sometimes is a sliding scale based on income.

     I hope you get some help and answers soon.

Sign In or Register to comment.