Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SI Joint help for active person

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having as pain free day as they can. Looking for help with my Right SIJ.

Background, 37M with an athletic background (not weight lifting background), started strength training program with a lot of hip dominant exercises (cross fit and olympic weight lifting) 2 years ago, developed RSIJ pain, xray showed R sacroilitis + 2 mm R hip shift. Physical therapist said my core shut down, lower back was too tight, hip flexors were tight, similar to anterior pelvic tilt syndrome. It took me a solid 5 months to get back to baseline to running, tennis, and calisthenics. During this time, I also developed L patellofemoral syndrome that was corrected with VMO exercises.

It looks like I am having another flare up after a few weeks of more exercise that I usually get. Movements that that cause pain at the R SIJ location:

- Lunge or step up involving me to push off my right foot.

- Single leg deadlift, on contraction to bring my body vertical, there's localized pain right at the R SIJ. 

- I can do ass to grass squats, but I'm afraid to do them because I've noticed I might get some soreness in the R SIJ the next day. This is the same issue with kettlebell swings. 

I have an appointment with physical therapist tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had similar movement patterns that caused this pain and was able to resolve it? Thanks.

advertisement