Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Questions for 1st appt with Neurosurgeon Cervical Spinal Stenosis

I am going Monday to the Neurosurgeon appointment. She will be reading my mri for my cervical spinal stenosis and explain it to me(my hubby is coming to help me understand). I am having mini panic attacks about this upcoming appointment.
I feel like they are going to tell me I need surgery, and those words scare me to death, I am not in good shape, physically.
But the tingling and pain sporadically in my left arm is extremely painful(15 on pain scale 1-10, and I use 10 as giving birth, and I never say 10).
Any words of wisdom? Or questions I should ask?

I have spinal stenosis in C1-C4. I have a fusion, an acdf at c5-c6, did this one in '07 and just don't remember much about it...I'm scared I won't be able to drive??

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 983
    edited 07/29/2018 - 1:37 PM

You’ll do fine. Good luck. I don’t worry before my appmts like I used to because I realized worrying doesn’t improve or make worse any diagnosis or procedure which I may need done. All worrying does is get my anxiety higher which doesn’t help my situation. 

You sound like a trooper who has a good support system. That’s definitely something to be happy and grateful for.  :)

• Yes best thing you are doing is bringing your husband..second ears so to speak..When your nervous things tend to sound like blah blah blah...like L4 said you will do just fine.

Best of luck to you. :)

• advertisement