Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower Leg Pain From L5/S1

mikecheckmmikecheck Posts: 7

Has anyone ever developed calf or lower leg pain WITHOUT having radiating sciatic pain?  Recently I've developed pain & cramping in both of my calves.  For years now I've had a L5/S1 herniation but never has leg pain "skipped" a section(s) of my leg.  In other words my pain always radiated down ...low back>buttock>back of leg>calf.  My most recent MRI shows no new developments but my Dr. is still confident this is due to my lower back, even though I am only having calf pain.  Later this week I am scheduled for an ESI.  

My second question is whether anyone has developed muscle cramping as a side effect of sciatic / nerve pain?  Initially I thought I could be confusing nerve pain for muscle cramping but I've found self-massage / foam rolling actually helps (temporarily) which I don't believe would be the case for nerve pain.  My Dr. seems to think this is common but for me personally I've never had sciatic / nerve pain trigger muscle cramping.  

advertisement