Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Forum Rules, Terms of Service, Code of Conduct

These are seem like little ways for this site to throttle what members can and can not do .

I know it is hard to understand when we identify a post as being duplicate, delete it and refer to the forum rule.  Sounds like an very innocent thing.   But its really not, sure on the surface it is a small thing, but it can create a number of very confusing situations.   My moderator team has taken the time to explain to everyone, why such a violation of duplicate posting is a problem.   

I make sure that we dont just slap a violation on someone and then walk away.  It is so very important to explain why that was a violation and how it can cause negative impacts.  Some violations are black and white, on the surface, but many times they are not.   Medical advice is one of those items.  We make sure that no one on this site can give or ask for medical advice.   The sound reason is that none of us are medical professionals and it is impossible for any of us to provide medical advice to another person, especially, since this is all done online.   Giving medical advice can be a very dangerous action.   You never know that if you give someone advice based on your experience, that it can be detrimental to the other person.   There are many legal implications when it comes to providing medical advice, that is one of the reasons, I always stand firm with this one.

Medical advice... Some times its just in the wording  It makes a big difference if you say  "This medication will eliminate the problem and this exercise will make you feel better"  vs

"In my experience, this medication has provided me with some relief and doing this exercise may help your situation.  But the bottom line, you always need to get the approval from a medical professional"

The site owners , the legal department and myself spent time putting together the Forum Rules, Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.   Much of that is not only to ensure the overall safety of this site, but for members protection.   We stress to everyone to not post their email addresses.   Once that information is out there on the Internet, it is available for everyone and impossible to remove once posted.   There are enough hackers out there that just jump on the chance to pick up someone's email address.

I really want to emphasize that we put all these rules together and monitor the system NOT to act as bully police folks, but to make sure that everyone on this site has fair and equal opportunities to express themselves.

If you are ever in doubt about a situation that may be a violation, please talk to any of the moderators.  We are always glad to help out.   And if you see someone that has grossly violated a rule, or behaved nastily to another member, let us know.   We will address the situation.  We will always maintain your privacy, so your name remains out of the picture.

My thanks to all the members here who have made this one of the best web forum sites around.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.