Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Finally, imaging done after 2 1/2 years!

Hello All,

In my prior posts I have mentioned that I have been going to pain management which now has been two and a half years.  I have had so many issues with the place but I stayed because they were willing to help me.

I went there after I had my SCS surgery where the paddle they implanted in my thoracic spine started causing a lot of pain. Just surgical according to the last place.  After trying different procedures we went with a pain pump after last resort.

They screwed that up though by putting the catheter in my lower back vs thoracic.  That was redone a few months ago and now seeing a new PA where she couldn't believe they didn't do any imaging prior to surgery.  Which is what I kept saying and I ended up trusting them. 

Well the new PA thought this pump might have been the wrong choice and ordered a CT Scan with contrast through my pump and catheter.  That was done last week and I got the results today.

I'll give you the understandable version:

T9-10: disc bulge that pushes towards the center on my spine or towards my chest so to speak.  This caused small tears in the tough outer wall of the discs.

T10-11: bone spurs near the back of the spine/disc accompanied by osteoarthritis.

T11-12: disc bulge where I lost between 90 to 180 degrees of total disc circumference. The disc protrudes into spinal canal.

T7-12: disk degeneration disease and osteoarthritis.

T9-11: chronic wedge deformity where the discs are compressed towards the front part of my body.

And to top it all off, mild levoscoliosis (which I thought was a typo) nope, my thoracic spine is abnormally curved to the left.

So I am happy that I finally had the imaging done and learned about what everything was and meant.  Plus I am starting to think with all of these issues that is why the pump is not doing anything to relieve my pain.

On the other hand I was not happy to see all of this because of the horrible pain I am in all the time and only being 36 I know my future is going to suck.

My next appointment to go over this with my PA isn't till the 14th.  Hopefully she will know what to do in order to hopefully start fixing me.

The Joy's of chronic pain!

Take care for now,

Jason

Taking it one day at a time, that is all we really can do while living with chronic pain.

advertisement