Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Has anyone here had a PSO (Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy) done?

Hi! 

I have moderately severe kylhoscoliosis of the spine, with a Kyphosis degree of about 76° and a scoliosis degree of about 25° 

I will be getting surgery for it soon and most surgeons have said they will perform a Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy.

Has anyone here had that procedure done? My PSO will likely be at T10, and fusion from T5-L4 (give or take).

One thing that has been on my mind (I will ask my doctor too, have an appointment in a few days):

Apart from holding the spine together after the osteotomy, so the rods also be used to straighten the rest of the spine? Meaning, will they just hold the spine together in its existing shape (after the osteotomy) or will the rods also be used to straighten out the rest of the spine more? Because I have a  severe lordosis curve (as a result of the kyphosis) and obviously have a hunchback curve above the osteotomy site too. 

I hope you understood my question. Also if you have had a PSO done, could you give me a few more details, which Levels etc, how was recovery?

Thank you so much,

Talha

advertisement