Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

famous people in pain? do we know or not

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Chronic Pain
just curios, i believe that it would help the rest of us chronic pain people if someone who was or is famous would come out of the closet so to speak and chronicle the benefits of meds and pain drs. the only time it is mentioned is if someone gets arrested or dies due to narcotics. i find it curious that no one has come forward to state the benefits of them. i know that to some extent that this would be professional suicide to come out. i wish for once that some one who had the guts would be our advocate and go before congress. i have never heard of anyone famous that suffers from chronic pain and i don't mean the dufus jeff conway from taxi who is a drama play un to himself. we need a person who is respected, go before congress with tv and state that they would not be able to function if it was not for narcotic dispensed by a pain doctor.i personally believe if there were, this person would not come out due to the negative stigma associated with them. part of this is to blame from people who abuse and lie to get them. there is a tremendous amount of negative press about oxycontin,hillbillie heroin, due to the negative press about people who crush it up to get a "morphine high." this is ridiculous anyway because oxy is time release percodan not morphine. what do you think? is there any hope in the future? will a famous person become our advocate? does anyone know someone like this who will stick out their necks to help other chronic pain patients?
love and peace to all chronic pain people
your friend
jon >:D< :X :H =D>

I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• I don't know if anyone famous would help. I think it would be people in the medical proffesion that need to be our advacote. No one is going to care if some celebrity admits to it.

Oh I know who would be a great advocate-TOM CRUISE. NOT! Poor katy, she has to live with the nut. I used to have a lot of respect for him but not anymore. He is looney toons!
  • The end of their career if they did.

• advertisement
  • Paula Abdul from American Idol had sdmitted to chronic pain from several cervical spinal surgeries. I believe that she's has a multi level ACDF. She's not exactly the poster child for chronic pain though is she? LOL! I think most of the time that when she's "spacey that she's taken meds to help her through a rough time. We've all probably had a day or two like that :$

Griff
  • you seem like you might be the person to help us out, could you try to become famous, can you sing, dance, act,maybe you could write a book, all kinds of ideas,we will all be your supporters,

idea- run for congress-that would be good how about that...

hehe just to let ya no its 3 AM in the morning
  • i have the looks the intellegence the charisma and the humility to run for office. the only think i have run for lately is the bathroom and the kitchen.my wife would love to be first lady and my son is ready to go into movies. like i said before, there may be snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace
    3 in the morning? i guess meds have not kicked in yet
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    your humble friend
    next time someone asks how you feel say i feel the way a baby treats a diaper
    remember
    jon is not gone, he is the one
    =)) :D :& :))( L) :B :P :H :sick: =D> :O)
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • advertisement
  • I will admit that I've actually written to the Dr. Phil shoe because on his message board for "Would you like to be on the show" there is a topic for those who live in chronic pain. What if a bunch of us got together and asked to all be on the show together to advocate for this? I not only needed his help to find me the bst doc to try and do osmething about my pain and my zero quality of life, but I also felt that this particular problem needs to be brought out into the open. There are so many people in the same situation, as everyone has seen on this board and I think it needs to be discussed in a positive way to help others find the help that they need. Plus to help educate those who do not understand. What do you think?
  • but i bet none of these people would go public and be advocates for pain meds and pain patients. if cloney said he took oxy and it saved his life it would be professional suicide. i would like this person to go public and before congress to say they take narcotics and it saved their lives. no famous person would do this in my opinion. we only get how narcotics almost killed me not saved me
    jon
  • Other than Liz Taylor with her ongoing back problems, the only other famous person I know to have a fusion was John F Kennedy snr. Apparently, it took him eight months from the surgery. It should give us all hope, if he can be a president with a back problem, there is hope for us all.
  • wow this was written 35 weeks ago-wow
    anyway jfk had back problems but like with everyone else who is famous, a big deal was made with the meds he took. the news complained about the dr prescribing this and that and how dangerous it was. the same with elvis, eventhough it was doubtful he had chronic pain. if someone is famous like betty ford, a bid deal is made how they got off of the evil drugs that almost killed them. i bet dimes to dollars that any famous person who is or was on meds says they got off of them because they ruined their lives or almost killed them. can some one name a famous person who says narcotics has saved their lives? i bet the farm that no one can
    jon
  • Daren from the 60s USA TV series bewitched ?? he had a bad back ..so bad that he had to give up his job and they replaced him with another actor..also one of our news man on the BBC George alagia {} he also has a bad back.
    STRAKER
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.