Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Pain Changing With Time

Hi guys,

I am 26 y/o and have been diagnosed with a herniated L4/L5. My symptoms are sciatica pain that goes down my left leg below my knee and sometimes all the way to my toe. It has been 8 months for me since I herniated my disc and about 6 months since the diagnosis.

I had an epidural injection done at the 7 month mark, I did not feel any improvement. Magically 2 weeks after the injection, I noticed that the pain significantly improved. I am not sure if this is the result of the injection. The anathesiologist said that the injection should take a week at most to take effect. 

Now it has been a month since the epidural injection and my pain has somewhat returned. My question is whether my herniated disc is actually improving or am I feeling the effects of the epidural injection? 

Some additional information, my pain has evolved from mostly being below my knee to being in my buttock. 

I am currently debating surgery, however I am curious to know if any other members experienced improvement in their pain without surgery and if my improvement in pain is a sign that my body will be able to resolve the herniated disc without surgical intervention. 

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Rajiv

advertisement

Comments

• No one can know whether your body will take care of the disc.  You just have to wait and see.

Different people get different results from the epidurals.  You can read the other discussions on this.  There are plenty of them.

• It's been over a year for me and 2 epidurals I am like 80% better but mornings are still very bad for me and it's 50/50 if I'll sleep through the night but overall I'm glad I didn't get surgery... I have found a great pilates studio that's helped me improve and strengthen my core with lower impact exercises. 

• advertisement