Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

it felt like a rubber band broke in my back

i was using my shoulder to keep my phone up to my ear and reaching above my head to open something and when i popped it open and at the same time it felt like a rubber band snapped/broke in my back near my scapula. the pain wraps around from my spine to the left side of my breast. i also feel sharp, stabbing pain inmy collar bone too. its the worst when i try to take a deep breathe, cough, sneeze or laugh. i cant get comfortable at all. what did i do to myself? it seems like its getting worse as the hours pass. i went to get an xray and they said it looked fine. ive never dealt with back pain before and its a serious pain. sharp, stabbing that make me freeze and yell out. 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

From what you are describing, it sounds like acute pain , either muscular or nerve in nature.   When ever I see acute onsets like this, I always use a 3 week rule.   If the problem gets better each day after ice/heat and some rest , then you can be pretty sure, its nothing to worry about.  If it stays the same after a week or so, keep an eye on what triggers more or less pain, but if it steadily increases during this time frame, you should be seeing a doctor.

Now, you probably know your body better, so if you are nervous or worried about the current condition, then by all means go see another doctor.   But since your x-rays looked fine and the doctor that ordered them didnt feel the need for any additional tests, I would wait

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences