Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Costotransverse Joint Issue

Hello out there.

I was curious to know if anybody has any experience with a compressed costotransverse joint injury? I sustained this injury approximately two months ago after I lifted a heavy bag in my garage first thing in the morning. The injury is not showing much sign of improvement. I have been in physio therapy for a month now and I see my chiropractor regularly. I started accupunture recently and I'm about to give yoga a try. My physio routine is going well and I get through my excercises quite easily and problem free, however the injury site still wreaks havoc on my back throughout the day. Everyday I put up with a sharp, pinch-like feeling which leaves me uncomfortable and frusturated. Levels of pain vary from day to day. I stretch out my back several times a day which helps relieve the stiffness. Sitting in a vehicle makes me the most uncomfortable. I had x-rays come back negative but I am wondering if I should consider and MRI for further investigation. I am an arborist by trade and this injury has left me on modified work duities longer than I had anticipated and looks to stay that way until something improves. I'm only 34 years old and in good overall physical shape, however I do have a scoliosis condition that is likely making recovery more difficult. Because of this injury I find myself dealing with anxiety and increased levels of stress. My patience is growing thin and I am worried I won't return back to normal and my career will be compromised. 

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

advertisement