Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Does it make sense to have surgery now?

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Dryden, welcome to the other side. So glad you are doing well. Your story is kinda like mine. I was dying with agonizing pain for months, but by the time the surgery came around I was doing much better. I had fusion myself and decided to go for it as my spine was unstable and so knew it was only a matter of time before it would get worse again. Been dealing with this for so many years prior and limping for past 2 years at intervals with flare ups. So anyway hurray for us being brave and getting it over with so we can be on our way to a permanent recovery. Remember to take it easy, no over-doing as you will pay later, follow the docs instructions, and yes walk, walk, walk. Take care, Sue
  • Dryden

Gardener here. I had my L4-L5 laminectomy discectomy on Sept. 9th. My worst day was the third after surgery. I am glad the surgery is behind me. I am three weeks post surgery and have been getting better every day untill about three days ago. I seem to have stalled and am still experiencing sciatica. So a little dissapointed because I thought or heared of people going back to work after three weeks. My NS office says just keep taking it easy and it will work out.

So I guess I am saying that it takes time and keep going and be upbeat.
  • advertisement
  • Cali-Sue, I love that bible verse in your signature. I need to remind myself of that everyday when the fear monster starts to rear its ugly head.

Gardener, I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm glad to see that you also made it to the other side. The common denominator in almost all of the micro-d threads is it does take time. Sometimes complete relief immediately, sometimes up to two years. We'll get there little by little. I still have some sciatica as well in its old familiar patterns. The surgeon also advised this will happen as well. He told me he often gets calls from patients who are still a few weeks post op but still have some sciatica pain. They fear they may have reherniated. He says not to worry. It does take time for many of us.

Blessings,

Dryden
  • So glad you noticed my favorite verse. I say it often, it gives me great comfort. I also say "by his stripes I am healed". The bible says to SAY, SAY, SAY! Claim it, own it, believe it, and it will happen :) Sue
advertisement