Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can you have coxarthritis (arthritis of the hip joint) in your 20s?

And would this show up on an Xray? 

2. if so, what kind of results would an Xray yield if you have coxarthritis?

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528
    I have never heard of the term coxarthritis. After looking it up, it really seems to be arthritis of the hip, nothing else. But the term coxarthritis, is something that is not used that often in United States. In fact, every reference I found, indicated it was from Hungarian in term.

But arthritis in the hip, which is pretty common, can easily be detected using X-rays. In fact, many times, the degree of arthritis is better seen on X-rays then from MRIs What any diagnostic test is looking for is the narrowing of the joint space. As arthritis advances, the joint space will narrow up to a point where there is a bone on bone situation. At that point, generally joint replacement surgery is required. I have had that done on both of my shoulders and both of my hips due to advancing arthritis.

Now, is in normal for someone your age? I would tend to say no. There are many reasons people develop arthritis, some even younger than you. Genetics can play a role, prior surgeries definitely has an impact as well as trauma from an accident.

What has your doctors been discussing with you about this condition?
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences