Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Second spinal fusion

I had a spinal fusion in Nov 2017. A couple of months ago I began having the burning sciatica pain again. I saw my surgeon & my fusion didn't take so am having it done again ty omorrow. Has anyone had 2 fusions done on lower spine? If so, how'd it go? 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,357

While you are waiting for other members to reply, I want to tell you good luck with surgery tomorrow and keep us posted when you feel better.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971

Gail

I had almost the same issue...

I had a double level PLIF in May 2013 and after 18 months like you I started to get a lot of sciatica down my right leg which grew progressively worse.  After some xrays and a CT scan my doctor confirmed that I had not fused at the L5-S1 level and had to go in and redo the fusion in Jan 2015.  The recovery from the second surgery was pretty rough... I'm not sure why... but it's now 3 years later and I'm doing pretty good all things considered.  Did you discuss with your doctor why you didn't fuse..???

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • advertisement