Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Who else got his condition much worse with "conservative treatment"

Who else got his condition much worse with "conservative treatment"? I had some of that in the beginning and I think it made everything worse or much worse.

advertisement

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 793

I've had multiple times that conservative treatment made my spinal injuries worse than without any treatment.  My worst case was a physical therapist reported back to my neurosurgeon and insurance company that I was NOT trying.  He went out of his way to black list me.  A later surgery explained way my treatment had failed. 

You are the one who lives in your body.  If the conservative treatment is causing more problems than it is helping, you deserve to have that conversation with the doctor ordering the treatment.

• when I first injured my back, I went to my HMO primary doctor.  After examining me, he deduced that I had a “pulled muscle” or something along those lines...said a little adjustment and I should be good to go.  A few minutes later, he came in and grabbed ahold of me and practically put me in a suplex.  Let me tell you, I felt something happen right then.  I didn’t know any better but it seemed like that was the beginning of the end...I felt like crap after that, and it was downhill from there.  Too bad I didn’t know any better

• advertisement