Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Best pillow brand for herniated discs

I have herniated l2,3,4 and 5 and am looking for the best pillow type and brand for my back. 

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,433

hi username24

As per forum rules forum members are not allowed to recommend specific names/brands of pillows or other items specifically....

Are you looking for a pillow to elevate your knees to take the stress off your back? if so there are many triangular knee pillows designed specifically for this purpose-in different materials and heights.  if its for your neck the one thing i noticed is that if i can keep my spine as neutral position as possible it helps immensely....which means a different height pillow if i sleep on my side than if i sleep flat on my back.  if you are a side sleeper a pillow that is thicker to keep your neck neutral (height of your shoulder) is what my doctor recommended to me.  personally sleeping on my back i need a super thin pillow....but again, that's just me.  Best is to try and find what works the best for you, we're all different shapes and sizes and what works for me, might not work for you or the next person.  i know it's not a helpful answer, but a reality with back problems....every back is different, and it seems like different things work for different people....

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair.