Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So what do you like the most about Fall?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,587

For those members that do have four seasons, or even for those that just have the dates and perhaps not the weather.

What are the things you enjoy the most about Fall and what are the things you dislike about it

I will start it off....

First, considering the summer we have had this  year (in the Northeast and probably much of the USA), it was HOT  or Raining , I am just glad for the change.  It has come quite abrubtly here in the Metro New York area.   Last week we had temperatures in the 90's, today the high hit 59!.    That has been quite a shock and big difference, but the bright side is that we dont need the A/C any more and can open the windows and smell fresh air!

Another big plus is its Football season.  I always look forward to watching the games on Sunday and now many other days during the week.   I have been a NY Giant fan since my first game I attended in 1958.   We've had some good seasons, two recent Super Bowls, but the past number of years has been more than trying!.   I am afraid we are in for a long long season.   The other bright spot, is my dear NY Yankees.  Though, I have to admit, what started out so promising is slowing beginning to fade.  I dont think any team is really going to beat the Red Sox this year.

The down side, of course with almost anything good, there is something that has to be not so good.   I never have problems with weather changes, dry, hot, rain, cold, snow, sleet, etc. But I do have major problems with seasonal changes.  Four times a year for about a week to 10 days, I have more aches and pains, minor flare ups happen almost every day.  All those surgeries seem to come back to life during these changes.  But I know as soon as my body adjust to these changes, I will go back to normal, or whatever is normal.

How about you?

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• Leaves..colorful,leaves..

At a,parl near here we have a ??? tree..an extreme oddity here that has leaves of yellow ,red and gold.

A tall battle worn tree that sheds proudly every year...I..'I" am here...look at my splendor in solitude..Hurricane,drouth and,flood have not killed me

For my far away brethren tree i cast my leaves into the wind as a tree must do.

We have 2 colors here green and brown and,all variation between.

I am bound and determined to buy the absolute warmest coat possible. There is one from canada that i am saving to get.-25 deg rated it says

Wind proof they say..well,at 1,500 it better be!!!

There is ancilliary gear for extra warmth.

I sit still and lose heat..so an exteme coat is in order as i am up in the wind and have felt its wolf teeth.

Which leads to the horrid pain in my hands and bones from the humid cold here.

Arthritis has set its teeth and winter brings me sleeping in insulated gloves..and socks.

Cold toilet seats

Getting into,out of hot showers

Hands that dont work in cold weather

Hot packs in my gloves

Wet days and working outdoors with ice on my cloths.

Having to go and having layers to get through...

Frost bite.

Colds\flu

Ear aches from the wind

Cold wet feet

Ice to slip on..horrid

Knee aches..well all over aches.

But..Winter IS my fave season

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,587

William, now you are making me think of Winter   Please not yet!

• advertisement
  • Lol..its our rainy season.

The smell of wet leaves

Walks in the last of the green grass

The nip in the air

The,sound,of branches creaking in the first northern breeze

Football

The gentle pop of dry mesquite burning in a fire pit under the stars

Smors

Hot cocoa

Warm whiskey in your glass

Really good cups of coffee

The soundbof silence in the evening

No mosquitos

Pie with icecream

Quaking aspen

The season of not hot

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472

The smell of my fireplace, inside and outside of the house.
    Watching the animals gear up for winter.
    Bonfires
    Sitting on the deck without the bugs eating you alive.
    Warm pants and long sleeve shirts
    Making soup and gumbo
    Being able to walk my dog without sweating
    Moon flowers blooming in the evenings.
    Watching certain trees every day for subtle changes of color
    Relaxing on the porch!!

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,587

Sandra, that all sounds really nice.    While watching the animals gear up for winter, I assume there are all sorts of animals out there, is the judge nearby in case?

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472

Yep, always close!! But we do not hunt or kill anything except snakes, raccoons and coyotes if they get close. And always watching for the mountain lion. Last year, on one of our outdoor cameras, we got a good picture of her behind the pond.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement