Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Im Back ...Literally its my back !

Hi Spinney's,

After a brief recovery from my 3rd cervical neck fusion here I am again ! I was just starting to get use to  life without pain ! I even learned that although I felt better, I would always have to remember my body was different. That was something I never got the first 2 rounds of cervical fusions. One year to the day I returned to work I leaned over a patient and my whole life changed yet again! I got this weird dull pain at first that increased immensely throughout the day. The pain was shooting down my leg the whole thing had me blown away. I went to GP and they gave me tons of meds that interfered with other medications I was taking at the time. My insurance company was playing games on how to get a quick diagnosis but for me already very experienced in the pain game, I did not want to run through the circles. So I went right back to my pain management doctor.

Now lets fast forward to today- I am a year in treatment for my back without any real relief. I did get an MRI in the beginning which states:

2017 Sept

L2-3 bulging disc, spinal stenosis, posterior facet hypertrophy, neural foraminal  narrowing & osteophyte formation.
L4-5: bulging disc, spinal stenosis, posterior facet hypertrophy, neural foraminal  narrowing & osteophyte formation.
L5-S1: Bulging disc, spinal stenosis, neural foraminal narrowing bilaterally .

I have had RFA, Epidural Injections, Median Branch Blocks, currently taking Percocet 10mg, Muscle relaxer for sleep and lidocaine patch for work. My pain has been consistent since the day it came on. The RFA reduce the pain to a degree but not enough to go back to living normal. I have an appointment with my spine surgeon for next week. I am looking to identify with a root cause for my pain. A solution that I can begin to live with pain free or the very  least flare ups. The pain is chronic and I feel so depleted from it. I had a PM appointment today and he wants to redo the RFA and play the wait and see game. He has suggested if needed a possible spinal cord stimulator. I am not sure how I feel about this ..yet ? I am currently looking for PT in my area that specializes in lower back therapies. My PM doc cant seem to give me complete answers of what is causing the pain. Only a process of elimination through several procedures to rule out each scenario. I am not sure what is causing all my pain but I am certain that I am exhausted !

So I just wanted to say HI ....my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering in pain. May you all find a peaceful solution soon !  

Tracy~
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,357

joggerspirit
    I respect your thought process of finding the root cause for this pain. Don't just treat the symptom, find the reason. But don't give up. Try water therapy, it is so much better for you. 
    With all I've been through, procedures, injections, etc., I keep a journal. When I'm having a flareup or something changes, I start keeping notes of how I feel, pain levels, what brings it on, how do I relieve it, etc. When I see my doctor I take my notes. This gives him a better understanding of what I'm going through.

Good luck with the spine surgeon next week and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thanks for your kind words and support ! I am looking forward to moving forward in my life !

Tracy~
  • advertisement