Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Depressed

I'm depressed. I was diagnosed with depression before my back trouble and now I'm even more depressed. I don't need a doctor to tell me that. I'm on meds, maybe I need a therapist, I tried it once and didn't like it. The bible tells us that we live in a fallen world full of evil people. That cant be denied. Yes I know there are good people too and beauty, thank God. But I'm still depressed. Sometimes I look around at happy people and wonder how they do it. The bible says the reason were all here is to love and help one another. I'm not really good at that but I know I feel a little bit better when I try.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,431
    Please read these articles All about Depression

You will find many people who understand what you are going through and you will also find many good people here.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I feel like I have a decent understanding of osteoarthritis and depression and it seems like not a lot can be done for either one of them (at least for me). Right now I'm just trying to relax and leave it in Gods hands.

• advertisement

Please there is always things that can be done.   Even though there is no cure for Osteoarthritis, there are a number of different treatments and exercises that can help slow down the spread of OA and also make it more manageable.   And in terms of depression, its all a matter if you as an individual want to seek the various treatments, work at it and hopefully overcome it.

There really no such thing as Nothing can be done.   Maintaining a positive attitude is one of the best medicines in the world.

• Of course your right. I'm just feeling down. I know there are things that can help and I am always going to keep trying.

• By the way, I cant give the moderators of this site enough credit. The amount of energy and compassion you all have is really something special. Not a lot of people can do what you do.

• advertisement

Scott, thank you very much.  Your words are much appreciated.  I think a good part of this is that we are also chronic pain patients suffering from many of the conditions that this member community goes through.  It helps so much when you walk the walk and can talk the talk.

• I have nothing compared to other members here and I have a lot of setbacks in my mission to heal my neck and back.. and vertigo. I try to distract my mind off of these things and look forward to healing instead. look at the positive! oh and always be grateful for something daily

advertisement