Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medical Marijuana!!!!

ToYoungforThisTToYoungforThis Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Pain Medications
In Colorado there is a medical marijuana registry. ITS NOT bout just smoking, but in forms of drops or butter or even cooking oil, even in tablets.

You get an actual license that makes you legal for the use of medical marijuana.

There are several store here to obtain Medical Marijuana, and products made from it, Baked goods, juices, teas, candy, even gum, hand creams and oils for pain.

Has anyone tried to be a legal patient or a caregiver???

Thoughts on useing legal marijuana to medicate over prescribed meds.
Uses for nasuea, muscle spama, chronic pain, loss of appetite, anxeity, the list goes on

I read on here that several several people on here take prescribed drugs for these condition. But just wondering on thoughts of using medical marijuana for the same conditions. Not to totaly replace prescribed meds but to help lower to usage of meds.

Don't know if this is out of line to ask about, but it took me a few days to think if my Dr. was out of line when he told me about it. I done alot of research on it, just would like opinions.

The 1st thing I thought of was that its illegal, but if you are a licensed patient it is TOTALY legal.

I am NOT making any statements just asking thoughts on the issue.

Its not for every one and you have to have a Dr. fillout forms and the state has to approve it for your conditions. It also has to be renewed every year by your Dr. and it comes on paper just like a birth certificated with the state seal in it.

advertisement

Comments

• you should talk about pain meds or marijuna in the pain med section....
  • My mistake for being Wrong thought that was where I posted it!
  • advertisement
  • :) hi! i live in California where medical marijuana is legal. it is being used for everything from anxiety to pain. go to a registered doctor, pay $250.00 to get your prescription and head to the nearest shop. i have one down the block from me. clean and very pleasant place to be. it is not legal on a Federal level but i have yet to see a shop raided or shut down in my area. i use it and can sometimes cut out a dose of pain medication. it helps with my nausea and anxiety as well. what could be better than that? Jenny :)
  • I've been thinking about this a bit lately.. I'm in CA as well, and although I am one of those people who thinks alcohol/tobacco should be a little more regulated, I've got nothing against marijuana. I don't use it regularly at all, but there was a time late last year where I shared some brownies and was completely pain free for about 12-14 hours. I've wondered ever since..

ToYoungforThis I wish my Dr. would bring it up; I'm worried I'll get a funny look, or at worse, the boot, if I start talking about such things. I would love to give it a try though.. Many people will be split on either side on this topic, but, that's ok. If it helps you live/walk/enjoy life, use it and love it.
  • I live in northern CA in a city with multiple medical marijuana "clubs" I believe they are called. I know of a few people with prescriptions who take it for everything from AIDs to chrones disease, and it gives them great relief. I do not consider it for myself because I fear that it would make me dysfunctional; having only smoked it recreationally in my more experimental days, I don't know what reaction I would have if I were to ingest it for pain. The reason I call out the concern over being dysfunctional is that the people I know of who do take it are on long term disability, and do not work. However, if my pain was bad enough, dysfunctionality would be out the window.

Its a shame there is a stigma attached, even to a degree in my liberal city.
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • advertisement
  • I to feel tabacco and alchol should be reglated more, but that is all man made with chemicals and who knows what else. Medical marijuana is all natural.

I was schocked when the anathesises( spelling it wrong) Dr. called me the night before my surgery and I expresses how sick I get when I wake up and to make sure there was plenty of nauses meds for me after surgery he asked if I smoked and I told him medical marijuana. He actually had no problem with me smoking right before me surgery same as my sergeon. But I was a cigarette smoker also and that same my sergeon forced me to quit by giving me a blood test every 3 days to make sure I was not smoking. Cigaretts or surgery. As for Drinking I gave that up years ago. you can not have the problems I have and be a drinker. Its just not worth it.

If your worried bout your treating Dr. not wanting help you there are several Dr.s that will fill out forms with your medical records. I find that these Dr. are looking out for the long term effects from several different chronic conditions.

Remember your Dr. is responcible for the long term treatment and care.
  • Marijuana will cause alot more damage to your lungs ect,then cigarettes,and if you want i can back that up with facts.....and here is a link on what marijuana does to the lungs http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm
  • Bigcat

I'm sorry but I don't think you are getting the point of my posting

Its NOT just about smoking, personaly I prefer the drops over smoking medical marijuana. Its about the benifets of THC in marijuana, its clear you are against it or non educated bout the topic.

Since all you stated was its bad for your lungs what bout if you drink tea, or eat a muffin, or use butter in cooking, or use the drops. Im being serious about the benifets.

I have had 8 surgeries in 2 years with alot more to come. My problem is so chronic that I AM willing to research on alternative meds.

Were all here for other peoples opinions its appericated.

• Too many people use this as a crutch to an addiction, or as a way to supplament a long term chonic drug habit,you know substituting one habit for another?
    Now..
    Befor ya get all choked up and sputtering,
    I believe you have a right to live as you see fit, only so long as you dont infringe upon my rights to see things MY way.
    there is an arrogant attiude in the druggie crowd that is intolerant of any diverging views...nuff said
    I think it would be a Godsend to cancer patients,Aids patients etc...
    Ive just seen from personal experience that a person will jump on any bandwagon to support a habit...

NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANYONE HERE, OR ANY ONES BELIEF OK?

ive a dear friend of 40 years whom ive seen degenerate into a druggie,using the very real pain of his infirmity to find ways to add to his addictive personality..
    I am sad to see a perfectly good person go down the tubes.
    This adds to the perception that chronic pain sufferers are drug seeking, and have no measure of self control,and this leads to stereotypes.
    My goal here is to say that someone is always watching someones actions,and that some actions lead to suffering to others.
    Ive had a PM doc cold turkey me,coz i was asking to see him and trying to get something for the breakthrough pain,while my friend tested dirty 3 times and is merrily written a prescription for whatever he's asked for...
    the same person has sold his prescription pain killers to others who have no need.
    this same person will neck any drug in reach.

I have tried to live as ful and usefull life to humanity as i could,and got treated like a stinkey FECE'S because i asked for help.
    That is the end result of people misusing their habits to the detriment of other honest people.
    Thats my rant and my thoughts alone.
    No offence to To Young for this,or any others who have posted here!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Your opinion is appericated that is why I posted this. Is to get thought of others on this subject.

Missuse is a big issue everywhere. And addiction is a problem that all pain patients has to descide if they are additcs or benifet from the meds.

I'm sorry your dear friend has let pain let him be a druggie, but I do have all intentions to beating the cycle. I had a family friend look at my meds and said the gov't is turning you into a druggie He is a Dr.. I cut my meds down to 40 mg a day from 200mgs a day. it was gov't regulated meds that gave me an an opitoized in my brainstem, so hope you understand why I am seeking alternative treatment.

advertisement