Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

my dog and my wife

they keep giving me the motivation and strength to recoup from my neck and back pain... not saying wife alone does not achieve this, but the dog adds so much to the table... :)

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,393

What a compliment to your wife and dog!! You are very blessed to have this kind of support.
    Funny how dogs just know. Mine knows when I'm in pain and need to lay down. She gets in my bed and looks at me with "well, are you coming". My husband is my rock, such a sweet, gentle kind man that helps me so much.

Thank you for the post. Our dogs need recognition too.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527

Like Sandra just said and many others have, your spouse can be your solid rock of support.   Those of us that have that are so very fortunate.

Now, for our friendly pets.  No question about what a dog can bring into the house.   They have an extra sense that makes them aware of so many different situations.

I remember during my terrible times dealing with thoracic disc problems (2006-7), my English Cocker Spaniel played an interesting role.  When I was feeling ok, she would just go around minding her own business (most of the time looking for food), but when I had bad days, she would stay right by my side.  If I got up, she would follow me wherever I went.   This would continue until I started to feel , or at least act better.  She knew that.  I believe that pets have this extra sense of understanding what is going around them.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • king charles spaniel on my end, does not want to leave me alone because , well, she knows I am not so thrilled feeling sensations from my neck.

you are both right, we are blessed to have something to cling on. My setbacks are not so often lately thanks to these two amazing beings in my life.

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 356

I have 2 Westies - 13 and 2 - and they are my best buddies. My 13 YO, grandpa I call him sometimes, has been with me through thick and thin and he routinely brightens my day by entertaining me with his antics as the 2 YO does also. Dogs are better than people.

• Jerome001 you're blessed to have them endlessly. :)

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 356

Hedavs - indeed I am!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,393

Can this also be dog and husband?
    We have a 8 month old part chocolate lab and part ? Don't know the daddy but she would make a great hunting dog. She already knows when I'm in pain and is always by my side. My husband too, I am so blessed to have this gentle, sweet, caring man.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • memerainbolt  of course.... :)

advertisement