Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

My scoliosis -part 4

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

Mom_of_Postop_Teen

Since you are new here, I would like to invite you to April Surgery Buddies. You will meet other members waiting on surgery and some already in recovery. 
    You could also start your own new discussion by clicking on the "start a New Discussion" at the bottom left. I always send members to WLLady's thread, so much valuable information.

I am so sorry about your daughter. Hopefully you will find more information that will help both of you.
    April 2019 Surgery Buddies

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Kathy:

Since you have to wait so long for the trigger point injections, is there a possibility acupuncture in the trigger point areas would help? What do they accomplish? Do the injections work on inflammation or relaxation? I managed to throw my newly aligned back out by painting with a roller so there's that. And a new puppy!? Why!? Do you just thrive on the responsibility? I'm all about lowering the stress right now!

Sorry the shots will take so long to get. That's crummy.

Noreen

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,489

Yeah, i called and got on the cancellation list, so they're thinking i might get in before then if i can literally pick up and go from work on a half days notice.  we'll see!  When i woke up after surgery i had 2 ribs on the left just screaming at me.  they had to release a couple of tendons in order to twist me back to almost straight and those are the ones still bugging me.  looks like it's a spasm in the erector spinae at those levels and it's too deep to get to with pressure point (which works great elsewhere!) and also right beside the bar so pushing just irritates the muscle and the screws....the surgeon thinks that the muscle is caught and that some steroid should help to bring the inflammation down and get it freed up some.  anyways, we'll see.   if i could shake this rib pain i'd feel pretty decently normal!

be careful painting!  i did paint my house, and found the roller was easier with a pole attached...lol.  but that's like vacuuming and actually quite strenuous on the back!  i hope it feels better soon! 

ah, new puppy is fine.  our old puppy is super old....and i think likely not with us much longer.  we wanted old puppy to teach new puppy the ropes (and he has and is doing great).  but old puppy can barely walk anymore and the day he cannot get up is the day we'll do the right thing. and that day is coming fast...living in the country we are never dog-less...plus yes, i'm a sucker for punishment LOL

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

This discussion has been closed.