Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

several thoracic herneated discs

rib pain, pain with breathing in, knifelike pain in spine.  sleeping is hard. I just finished metrolpack  with no relief. been doing the heat and cold on and off, no help.this pain is not knew to me.altho when it gets this bad I question everything.Does anyone else have these severe symptoms?  

pam
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528
    Thoracic disc problems can be very painful.

Please take a look at and respond to New member guidelines and checklist
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • thank you. I took a look at new member guidelines and checklist, its a lot to absorb all at once.my life changed 10yrs ago I now am disabled and suffer from neck lower back and thoracic problems.i have learned so much on this site and hope to continue to and help someone along the way with my experience.im not great with computers tho lol

pam
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

patrica anne,

No rush, take your time and go at your own pace.  That checklist just makes it so much easier for people to better understand your condition and comment on it.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • awesome!

pam
  • Hi Patricia Anne, oh I sure can relate, tho I have issue with all my spine, hips and shoulders. But I really struggle with the thoracic. I have pain just like yours is can be so hard to get ontop of, it relentless. Specially when it effects your breathing or the pain radiates to your chest and you think your having a heart attack. I basically live with a heat pack on me, (somewhere on my spine) I do get relief while it’s hot. I see a awesome osteopath, he always feels bad when my times up, tells me he needs two hours for me. Told me today he wished he had a magic wand . God love him. Well he does relieve my pain . Though it might not last long it’s long enough to give my head a break. If ya know what I mean.  Oh to sleep , forgot what it is, I seen to just nap off and on all night. 20 minutes then the pain wakes you, try another position till you nap again. My dr gave me pills to help sleep but I don’t like taking them, I am so scared of getting hooked on them so when desperate after 3/4 weeks I will pop on, got a full 3 hours last month when I took one. Good luck I hope you find some real relief soon.

• advertisement
advertisement